I think every one who loves to sew wishes they had more time to commit to it. I don’t think I have ever met anyone who creates anything really that doesn’t want more time to devote to their passion. For me obviously that passion is sewing but, as I have mentioned in about all of my previous posts, I have had really little time to dedicate to sewing lately.
When I do have time its really only in quick half-hour chunks or a quick few minutes in between all of the other things that I have to do on a daily basis. I shared a while back that I am in the process of making a quick, one block at a time, but repetition is never something that I have liked very much and I have found myself searching for other quick and easy projects that I can accomplish in a small amount of time. Five of these quick and easy projects have really stuck out to me and of course I just had to share them with you all as well! They are all projects that would be great for beginner as well so bonus points for that too!
- Noodlehead Divided Baskets – I have these literally all over my apartment and they take only about a half hour to make once you have the pattern down. They are also the perfect size for using up smaller pieces of fabric and, bonus!, are literally the exact right size for storing patterns.
- Envelope Pillow Covers – A Pinterest staple and a really quick way to change up the look of a room, I am currently making new covers for all of the throw pillows in our apartment, as well as a matching tablecloth (its a small space, cohesiveness is key!) and I love how easy they are to make, wash, and switch out with the seasons or at literally any other point.
- Mini Quilts – A bit more time intensive but still relatively quick mini quilts have become one of my new favorite things! I am making little mini quilts to go under all of my plant-babies and I love how creative they can be and the tiny sizing is always just adorable.
- Simple Tops – There are a few different patterns that I have been using for these including the Lane Raglan and a couple of free. I have been really wanting to up my clothing sewing skills and I have been having a blast making a bunch of quick, simple clothing pieces that reflect my own personal style and are “homemade”.
- Grocery Totes – The simplest of the bags to sew but one of those things that everyone needs, making a quick new grocery tote makes me more excited to actually go but groceries but is also one of those things that are endlessly customizable and endlessly useful.